Why do people choose to mediate?
We asked our customers this question and they came up with the following:
1. Financial reasons – To save legal or tribunal costs
2. To get a better relationship or more pleasant workplace
3. To resolve a long running dispute
4. To avoid the stress of a dispute
5. It was recommended by a solicitor or other person
6. Because of previous experience
7. Because the Court directed it
8. Because it was in our terms and conditions/dispute resolution contractual requirement
Interestingly, the Court ordering mediation came towards the bottom of the list, which bodes well as mediators much prefer volunteers to press ganged users! It seems from the feedback that we are getting that people are increasingly turning to mediation and ADR as part of their litigation strategy and willingly embracing it as an alternative to costly court proceedings.
To instruct a mediator nationwide get in touch!